This position is:
Lake Charles, LA
JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Analyst
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Performs professional level information systems duties in the installation and maintenance of application software, and the maintenance and administration of computer systems and applications; to provide technical support and assistance to Imperial Health information system users; and to perform a variety of analytical duties relative to assigned area of responsibility.
- Perform a variety of professional level duties to support information technology systems and programs in assigned area; serve as liaison between system users and information systems staff in the implementation, administration and maintenance of information systems, computer programs and software applications.
- Install and maintain application software and computer hardware; provide technical assistance to system users in accordance with applicable information systems policies, procedures, methods and techniques.
- Install and maintain phone systems, and related voice applications software.
- Participate in the evaluation and testing of system upgrades; install or upgrade software applications; troubleshoot hardware and software related problems; coordinate and document testing for new or revised software applications; assist in deployment of new applications in assigned areas.
- Perform system maintenance activities on various systems; monitor system performance (IPSwitch); maintain system security; reset user passwords; grant or revoke system access.
- Respond to requests from users regarding system operations; provide solutions to operations problems.
- Develop written technical documentation, internal operating procedures, and user manuals and instructions; develop instructional; update technical and training manuals as required.
- Perform a variety of complex systems analysis duties in the design, implementation and maintenance of management information systems and supporting computer hardware and software applications; maintain new applications or enhance existing programs.
- Manage Helpdesk and trouble ticketing functions. Run reports as necessary to maintain company initiatives related to IT goals.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in matters of significance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in installing and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Ability to use cable equipment, handle simple tools, diagnostics tools and telecommunication troubleshooting equipment.
- Communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service skills
- Project management
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent is required. A+ certification is preferred.
- More than two years of experience as a PC computer technician as well as significant Windows 10/11 Enterprise knowledge is required. Some project management experience is a plus.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Office setting. Frequent telephone calls and other interruptions, which requires being able to handle a fast-paced work environment during entire time at work. Must be able to prioritize multiple projects. Must maintain strict confidentiality and exercise professionalism when interacting with staff, managers, supervisors, physicians, external customers, etc.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: requires continuous standing, sitting, frequent walking, bending, and stooping. May require lifting 50 to 100 pounds. Exposure to possible Hazardous Materials/conditions and infectious diseases.