This position is:
PRN – Nurse Practitioner…. Weekends: Fridays 8am to 6pm, Saturdays 8am to 5pm and Sundays 10am to 5pm.
Lake Charles, LA
GENNERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing and managing patients following established standards and practices.
- Performs complete physical exam, obtains complete medical history and records findings. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interprets and integrates data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan.
- Administers medications and injections in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Sutures minor lacerations.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results. Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and regulations to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
MSN and successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret finding.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and establish/maintain effective working relationship with patients, medical staff, and the public.
ENVIROMENTAL/WORKING CONDITONS: Office setting. Frequent telephone calls during the working hours. Frequent interruptions, which requires being able to hand a fast-paced work environment during entire time at work. Must be able to prioritize multiple projects. Must maintain strict confidentiality and exercise professionalism when interacting with staff, managers, supervisors, physicians, external customers, etc.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires continuous standing, bending, stretching, sitting, walking and stooping while on duty. May be required to lift 50-100 pounds. Exposure to possible Hazardous Materials/conditions and infectious diseases.