This position is:
Full Time. Work Schedule is 7 days a week with rotating schedules 7 days on and 7 days off. Hours are M-F 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm, Sun 10am-6pm.
Moss Bluff, LA
JOB TITLE: LPN
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing nursing care for patients following established standards and practices. Displays responsible behaviors, communicates effectively to others and functions as a member of the healthcare team under the direct supervision the physician. Maintains an inventory of examination/procedure room supplies, assists in the organization of efficient patient flow, and organizes the clinic environment to assure patient safety.
Clinical Operations: Participates in the care of the patient, under the direct supervision of the physician and in collaboration with the healthcare team.
- Greets and escorts patient to exam rooms.
- Collects patient information and assessment data. Obtains and records patient’s vital signs: temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight and height. Performs chart review to obtain historical data.
- Set up ECG monitor to patient & monitor heartrate prior to start of procedure.
- Start IV for contrast & medication administration.
- Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and infection control when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Confirms and clarifies written orders prior to implementation of delegated tasks.
- Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physician.
- Follows policies for infection control in handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures according to clinic guidelines. Administers first aid, CPR, and maintains emergency equipment and supplies.
- Provides appropriate patient specific education, and health information materials.
Support Operations: In close partnership with healthcare team, assures smooth and efficient patient flow and clinical operation.
- Count and record all injectable medications kept in locked cabinet and refrigerator daily.
- Inspect all sample and injectable medications weekly and dispose of any expired drugs according to Imperial Health guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Language Skills – The ability to communicate effectively with others in the healthcare team.
- Understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology, and treatment assessments to the extent required to understand and accurately transcribe dictated reports. Translate medical abbreviations into their expanded forms.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to learn and use all functions of electronic medical record software. Must accurately enter data into a database, search for information, send and receive email and attachments.
- Skills in applying and modifying the principles, methods, and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form, answer frequent telephone calls.
- Must be able to work as a team player.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to multi-task. Frequent interruptions require being able to handle a fast-paced work environment during entire time at work.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and exercise professionalism when interacting with staff, managers, supervisors, physicians, external customers, etc. Must comply with HIPPA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information.
- Ability to relate to people and different situations with good judgment and integrity under stressful situations.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: State Practical Nursing license.
- Previous cardiology nursing experience preferred but not required.
- Telemetry experience preferred but not required.
- Previous medical office experience preferred but not required.
- EMR experience preferred.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Office setting. Frequent telephone calls and other interruptions, which requires being able to handle a fast-paced work environment during entire time at work. Must be able to prioritize multiple projects. Must maintain strict confidentiality and exercise professionalism when interacting with staff, managers, supervisors, physicians, external customers, etc.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: requires continuous standing, sitting, frequent walking, bending, and stooping. May require lifting 25 to 50 pounds. Exposure to possible Hazardous Materials/conditions and infectious diseases.