This position is:
Lake Charles, LA
JOB TITLE: Senior Systems Analyst
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: As an Applications Support Technical Analyst, your primary responsibilities are the support of multiple SQL based/web based EMR/PM platforms and solutions including, Athena Practice/GE Centricity, Experian Passport, NextGen Patient Portal, and other user and patient facing applications. The analyst must also be able to fully engage in the implementation and ultimate support of applications while aligning business processes. The analyst will need to be able to bridge the gap between functional EMR solutions and align activities to work with developers/solution providers to help them design, test and support integrations, create new improvement processes and communicate status changes as they occur. This role is responsible for system configurations, understanding business requirements, facilitating user acceptance testing, and creating support documentation.
The ideal candidate for Applications Support Technical Analyst will need to have excellent position knowledge and skill and will have worked in several areas of healthcare including any or all of the following: billing, coding, EMR admin, clinical support, EMR support, scheduling and/or patient data management.
This resource must be able to work independently and work as a member of a team. Limited travel will be required within the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana area.
Responsibilities and Technical Skills Required:
- Prior experience in support, upgrades, and integration projects.
- Functional Technical skills in any EMR/PM suite of products.
- Willingness and capacity to learn complex technical solutions within the application and supporting back end systems.
- SQL Scripting/Batch Processing.
- Web Based supporting applications.
- New User Setup and Training.
- Help Desk and Ticketing systems support.
- Background working with diverse/multiple teams, new solutions and technologies, supporting multiple custom & 3rd party applications.
- Excellent knowledge of features in EMR applications.
- Collaborate and work with other IT support staff including analytics, security, infrastructure, and technical support.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships to resource-specific development/support needs.
- Proactively identify dependencies and issues between teams/systems and work to resolve them.
- Communicate project progress, changes, and risks.
- Deliver end-user training, including both one-on-one and classroom settings.
- Must be able to travel throughout the area.
- Information Technology Procurement (licensing and hardware)
- Administrative assistant skills
- Payroll or Payment Systems support.
This is not a complete list of technical skills. It is expected that the candidate will need to go through training to garner those soft or hard skills that are not listed.
Business Skills Required:
Business Knowledge: Has working knowledge of IT service management in a Healthcare environment; ability to be resourceful and innovative and to align to the department’s environment and evolving priorities in its service to its customers; analysis of resource allocations and capacity.
Execution: Set and conveys clear goals and monitor progress; is accessible and supports other team members; obtain results and add value to the organization by making timely and sound decisions and influencing others.
Attention to Detail: A concern for ensuring accuracy, clarity, and quality of work reflecting an underlying drive to increase efficiency and track organizational measures.
Collaboration and Teamwork: Creates commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others’ strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and shares resources.
Client/Relationship Management: Establishes and builds relationships with business stakeholders. Applies knowledge to the business and provides personalized, value-added service. Demonstrates willingness to meet the needs of clients by pursuing improved courses of action; delivers products and services that best serve client needs; uses client feedback as a basis for improving service and performs necessary follow-up work without being prompted.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience 5+ years of experience in complete life cycle of EMR and PM systems (upgrades, conversions, integrations)
- Knowledge and experience with developing functional design documents, technical & user documentation, and configuration changes.
- Experience in supporting production upgrades, change control, and user testing & training.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and resolving EMR/PM applications and operational issues.
- Experience delivering projects with vendor partners. Manage vendor timelines and deliverables across internal and external teams
- Well-organized task planner with the ability to scope projects in a highly detailed manner
- Strong leadership qualities; ability to interface with cross-functional teams such as Finance, Development, and Business Operations
- Ability to build strong rapport with stakeholders to influence the desired outcome
- Able to independently develop Functional Design Documents.
- EMR Systems: 3 years (Preferred)
- This resource must be able to work independently and work as a member of a team.
- Limited travel will be required within the Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana area.