Cardiologist & Vein Specialist
Carl Fastabend, MD, is a native of Richmond, Virginia, and earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, where he also completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in cardiology. Board certified in both internal medicine and cardiology, he practiced interventional cardiology in Southwest Louisiana for nearly 40 years. He established the Vein Center of Southwest Louisiana in 2011 with the goal of providing state-of-the-art care for venous disease.
Dr. Fastabend is a recognized leader in his field, holding several prestigious appointments, leadership positions and certifications for organizations in his areas of specialization. Including:
- Diplomate, American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM)
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology and Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention
- Board of Directors, American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Board of Directors, Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) Vein Center
- Member, American College of Phlebology and Lymphatic Medicine
- Registered Vascular Physician Interpretation Certification, special recognition in ultrasound
Dr. Fastabend is focused on all aspects of venous disease and is recognized for expertise in the area of stenting large veins in the body for venous compression or obstruction. He has participated in important clinical research projects and is frequently an expert speaker at major venous symposia, including quarterly presentation at the Deep Venous Summit.
Certification, American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine
Dr. Fastabend owns and operates The Vein Center of SWLA. For more information, log on to www.veincenter-swla.com.
711 Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive
Lake Charles, Louisiana 70601