This position is:
Lake Charles, LA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Coordinating schedules with the device companies
- Performing suture removals
- Performs device implant site checks
- Interrogates and verifies pacemaker thresholds. Identifies rhythms, pacing and generator status of device. Create office notes from device checks
- Submits charges for in office device checks and telephone checks
- Submits all diagnostic testing to physicians for interpretation and types the interpretation into EMR for the physician to sign.
- Makes sure all pacemaker appointments are scheduled within insurance parameters.
- Returns all patient phone calls regarding device checks and their scheduling
- Creates phone notes on all phone calls received and made
- Refill prescriptions as needed
- Call patients who have missed office appointments and telephone checks to get their appointments rescheduled
- Send certified letters to non-compliant patients
- Stays current on all ICD and Pacemaker devices, technology and coding
- Pull and file all pacemaker charts for patients being seen
- Make new pacemaker charts for all new patients
- Be able to log onto numerous websites daily for new transmissions and to enroll and retrieve TTMs
- Be able to fill out forms to fax to enroll new patient on TTMs
- Be able to look at obituaries daily to track patients’ status.
- Be able to interpret EKGs
- Communicate with all physicians and NPs about findings on TTMs/office checks
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Louisiana LPN license or national medical assistant certification.
- Working knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias and basic EKG interpretation
- Strong knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Demonstrated literacy in the use of personal computers and Windows applications including EMR
- Prior experience with the use of EHR