This position is:
Lake Charles, LA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Performs nerve conduction studies on patients following established guidelines under the supervision of physician.
- Prepare equipment and rooms in accordance with procedural requirements; clean and disinfect equipment in accordance with sterile procedures and standards.
- Prepare patient for procedure, explain procedures to patients with good oral communication skills and maintain a good rapport with patients during the test.
- Provide appropriate patient care and detailed observations of clinical manifestations during testing and/or patient emergency situations.
- Provide test results for the physician to review.
- Perform medical assistant duties as required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Certification by American Academy of Clinical Electrodiagnosis is required.
- At least one year of clinical experience in a neurology clinic setting is preferred.