This position is:
Lake Charles, LA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Effectively supports the organization by maintaining systems required for proper operations and improvement of EMR and LIS systems. Manage day to day availability and support for all EMR and Lab interfaces. Participate in implementing/upgrading projects that include requirements definition, design, development, and training of users as it relates EMR interfaces. Provide end user support in collaboration with Operations, IT and Customer Service.
- Create interfaces and work with EMR companies such as ECW, Cerner, Epic, Practice Fusion, All Scripts, Athena, IMS, MDLAND, Glenwood, DigiDMS, EllKay etc.
- Ability to manage multiple interface projects and properly coordinate and communicate with IT, Sales, Lab and other internal and external teams as needed.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and yearly status reports and updates on all interfaces internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability working with HL7 scripting projects and engines.
- Knowledge of industry technology and tools such as interface scripting engines, web API, SFTP, VPNs.
- High level communication and task management skills.
- Provide support to partner Dr. offices, working with EMR vendors, and inside teams.
- Handles day-to-day operations for the Mirth Interface Engine & other Integration Tools.
- Participate on internal IT department initiative as it relates to systems, networks, application and availability of client interfaces.
- Experience with LIMS such as Orchard (Harvest, Copia), Cerner, Sunquest, etc. is Plus
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, management and evaluation of systems and procedures necessary to ensure proper connectivity to all clients.
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA regulatory standards and best practices.
- Ability to clearly communicates EMR project requirements to organizational staff and stakeholders.
- Develop and documents the specific requirements of each EMR system and Lab interface.
- Develop and maintains EMR access for multiple external systems by establishing remote access protocols.
- Proactively troubleshoots customer issues and ensures that staff issues are resolved promptly assuring continuity of access.
- Evaluates the magnitude of client issues and provide resolution or escalation path accordingly.
- Create proper reporting functionality to provide for EMR utilization and analytics.
- Collaborates with external and internal stakeholders to address connectivity, proper delivery and integrity of Lab results.
- Demonstrate analytical thought processes which lead to identifying the root cause of an issue, provide viable solutions, the impact on end users and a recommended course of action while discerning the impact and urgency of the issue ensuring timely resolutions with highest priority issues resolved first.
- Create, maintain and document all aspects of LAB EMR interface systems.
- Work with IT Management and staff in planning, organizing and analyzing new and current systems applications and associated processes to satisfy end users’ short- and long-term needs.
- 5+ years of experience working with EMR systems and or interface management.
- HL7 Messaging experience 3 years (Required)
- Mirth Connect experience (Preferred)
- 5+ years of experience working in the IT field with demonstrated knowledge of basic IT skills
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated hands on experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience with Medical Lab or Hospital Laboratory Information Management Systems.
- Hands on experience with IT technologies such as HL7, interface scripting engines, DBMS, remote access, VPNs, SFTP, Web API.
- Very strong organizational and task management skills
- Strong knowledge of systems analysis, system design and installation tasks, workflow process analysis and application implementation.