This position is:
Lake Charles, LA
Business Office Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Coordinates the functions of the Business Office, Revenue Cycle process and oversees all revenue cycle contractor performance. Ensures maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations. Responsible for oversight of the full scope of business office activities (coding, billing payment posting, prior authorizations and denials) for a 30+ physician multi-specialty group.
Reports to Chief Financial Officer
Direct supervision over assigned Business Office staff. Indirectly supervises contractor staff through management of vendor performance.
- Plans and directs registration, patient insurance, billing and collections and data processing to ensure accurate patient billing and efficient account collection.
- Reviews current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner.
- Solves difficult payment and associated business office problems. Audits problem accounts.
- Maintains contacts with clinical and other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings.
- Develops and implements new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed. Ensures policies are communicated and administered consistently.
- Monitors daily operating activity of department and makes necessary adjustments in work assignments.
- Responsible for hiring, training and development of staff including evaluation and counseling responsibilities.
- Works closely with the physicians, insurance provider relations representatives, and PHO representatives to assure the physicians and facilities. Ensures providers are credentialed and are following revenue cycle requirements in compliance with state, federal and insurance guidelines.
- Monitors physicians’ credentials such as licenses, CME’s and appropriate hospital privileges to assure that all are kept current. Notifies Credentialing Department to correct any deficiencies noted.
- Initiates and answers pertinent correspondence. Prepares and writes reports.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with established policies and procedures including government, insurance and third-party payer regulations.
- Attends administrative meetings and participates in committees as requested. Conducts special projects and studies as directed.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other business related field preferred. Minimum of 10 years of medical billing experience (multi-specialty preferred) and 10 years of management experience.